One of my favorite things in the world of decorating, fashion, gift giving… you name it, is personalization. I already know this will be a series of blogs because I keep coming up with more blog-worthy items!
- Mint julep cups – a decorating no-brainer! I purchased two monogrammed cups filled with candles from Pottery Barn. One for my bedroom and one for my daughter’s. After the candles have burned down, I’ll clean them out and re-purpose them. Here are a few ideas…
- Moss – That bright green against the silver is simply brilliant. You can also purchase faux moss balls for low maintenance beauty.
- Lavender – A fresh bunch of lavender is so lovely and will make your room smell like spring.
- Roses – There is nothing more elegant than a mint julep cup filled with red or white roses…or any color for that matter!
- Pencil cup – What a chic way to dress up your office desk!
- Candle/tea light – Using your mint julep cup as a votive is always a great option.
- Cup – Last but certainly not least, use it as they do at the Kentucky Derby! Try this mint julep recipe and don your biggest floppy hat!
- Monogrammed glassware – This set of glasses and pitcher was given to me by my sweet grandmother, Mur. Fortunately, my last initial didn’t change when I married! It has huge sentimental meaning to me but I also love the simplicity of the “L”. If you have naked glassware and want to spruce it up, look in your area for cool classes like this glass etching class at Make in Dallas. You can learn how to turn ordinary into extraordinary in no time!
- Personalized Antique Plates – I found this artist at Chi Omega Christmas Market last year. Kelly Wilson of Kelly Wilson Antiques tracks down beautiful old china plates and platters and transforms them to personal treasures. Even though my daughter was only seven months old, I could already picture her sweet little jewelry in this precious bowl!
- Wall Monograms – My über talented pledge sister, Kelly Maxson, can design just about anything you can imagine. I was fortunate to receive this beautiful wall monogram as a baby present for Pearson. With limited wall space in our tiny house, it is front and center over the changing table.
- Monogrammed Upholstery – Robb & I bought these two great stools at an antique shop in Midland back in 2004. They were really cute but had some awful pleather on the seats. We purchased some fabric and nail heads at Childress Fabrics in Dallas, had the fabric monogrammed with an Old English “L” for Lee and went to town.
- Monogrammed Trays – We received this lucite tray as a wedding gift and use it by the front door as a catch all. A monogrammed tray has so many uses, here are some trays I would LOVE to receive!
- Iomoi has the most chic trays I have ever laid eyes on!
- Fontaine Maury for awesome old-school preppy colors.
- The Well Appointed House if you want chic and unique, this is your site.
- The Paper Cottage Highland Park preppy! Don’t miss that it is a .net