When I began brainstorming for the first Personalization post, I quickly realized it would span a multitude of disciplines and require multiple posts. So I called my dear friend, Carrington Carlyle, and asked if she would be so kind as to be my guest for Part II. Carrington is the quintessential southern belle and has some killer style to accompany that charm and grace… With so much to offer, I had to limit this post to a few of her favorites as I will stockpile the rest for later posts!
Personalization 101 according to CC:
- Ralph Lauren – Old School prep is back and nothing says preppy like Ralph. I particularly love their “Create Your Own” option.
- Rugby – And for you younger folk, check out the Rugby site by Ralph Lauren. You can customize with great patches and monograms. Very crew.
- Neiman Marcus is a staple. NM has a fabulous selection of items to personalize. The monogrammed hemstitched linen napkins or cocktail napkins found on their NM and Horchow sites are the perfect gift for your party host. Here are just a few of the NM monogrammed options… be sure and look at the melamine plates!
- Iomoi – And speaking of melamine plates, these personalized melamine plates are perfect for your indoor/outdoor football watching soirée this time of year. And unlike your china, they are dishwasher safe! Some samples from their site:
- One of my favorite decorating/DIY tricks is taking the fabric from a bridesmaid dress and turning it into a monogrammed pillow or two… a very sentimental way to have a keepsake from the wedding and get the dress you will never wear again out of your closet! If you really want to get creative, sew a thick piece of velvet around the pillow and throw your Grandmother’s brooch on top a´la Amanda Nisbet.
- Hadleigh’s Bespoke – For the ultimate in custom slipper chic, Hadleigh’s has your soles covered. Limited edition Cashmere slippers complete with your initials on the bottom.
Well, that is all for today. A big thank you to Carrington for sharing her tips! Please stop by frequently for more posts and tid-bits from CC!